Author: May Thawdar Oo
“How do I get more visitors to my blog?”
If you’re an iGaming affiliate, you may have asked that same question.
There’s no question that affiliate marketing has taken off over the past decade – hundreds of iGaming affiliate networks are rewarding online casino and sports betting influencers and bloggers for endorsing or reviewing their products and services.
In essence, affiliate marketing is a marketing strategy where companies pay commissions to content creators who mention their products in their posts in order to drive iGaming traffic and revenues.
And within the context of iGaming, gambling advice is in extremely high demand. From how to coin cards, to reading poker “tells,” to creating sports betting systems, and playing the right hand – only good things can happen by harnessing the power of good content.
Let’s talk about numbers for a second: the online gambling market is worth a staggering €55.6 billion in 2020, and is expected to skyrocket to €87.5 billion by 2023. There’s a lot of pie to go around, so to speak.
The market is massive, and so are the opportunities to turn in a good profit if you’re an iGaming affiliate marketer. Many affiliate websites, blogs, and content rely on a combination of gambling-related topics to boost their return on investment. This includes poker, online slots, casino games, and sports betting.
So, what are the best ways to increase blog traffic for iGaming affiliates?
Let’s quickly find out in our summary video.
Ok, back to discussing in details.
Many will say that it’s in crafting superior content.
However, it takes more than just creating high-quality content and iGaming SEO to drive visitors to your affiliate blog these days as the pockets are deep and the competition is steep. Every affiliate is in a constant race for clicks, views, and engagement.
But once iGaming affiliates gain recognition as top-tier partners, they can easily rake in the views and the dough with just a couple of partners – with only nothing but gravy on the upside.
There’s a whole lot more going under the hood than it appears as far as boosting iGaming traffic and raising industry-specific awareness that matters.
We’ve put together a list of the 10 best ways to increase blog traffic for iGaming affiliates.
If you wish to take your affiliate blogging game to the next level, read on.
1. Leverage On-Page SEO
On-page search engine optimization (SEO) refers to the practice of optimizing a website’s elements to gain higher rankings and gain more relevant search engine traffic.
Some of the best on-page SEO strategies for iGaming affiliates include:
- Creating comprehensive, authoritative blog articles focused around one root keyword while using semantic keywords as subtopics and talking points that iGaming audiences will find relevant.
- Strategically using both types of keywords throughout the entirety of your site copy, particularly within <h1> and <h2> headers, titles, and metadata. Using long-tail keywords work better in reeling in a smaller, more discerning group of readers, while using fat-head keywords helps draw in higher search volumes to bring more iGaming traffic. Strive for a balance of both in your content for optimum results.
- Rich media makes for more unique and engaging content when sharing iGaming-oriented blog posts across social media and email.
- Becoming a subject matter expert in the various knowledge areas of iGaming doesn’t only lend you the gravitas and the “skin in the game” to increase the chances of your content ranking higher from the get-go. How so? By using keyword research for iGaming-specific terminology to conquer industry niches online.
2. Use Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO refers to actions done outside your website to boost rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs). Sometimes, good content isn’t good enough to give you a competitive edge in rankings, and that’s where off-page SEO techniques such as the following come in:
- Turn up the engagement farming on social media. Creating well-tailored LinkedIn or Twitter posts encourages social sharing which can drive more targeted traffic to your site.
- Guest post on high-authority sites. Guest blogging on online iGaming industry publications can be a gold mine for referral traffic.
- PR articles on authority blogs. Slightly different from guest blogging, where you would write about the same topics as your blog, PR articles would talk about you/your site and present yourself as an expert on these topics. Example: Guest blogging would talk about technical details like electric cars and batteries, whereas PR would focus more on the brand level, such as Tesla and Elon Musk. (by the way, we would do both for you together with our sister agency www.wegotgame.de)
Other off-page SEO strategies for iGaming affiliates include the following entries.
3. Incorporate iGaming Technical SEO
Some of the best-written blog content ever on the internet has been buried in the annals of SERPs that only the most intrepid will discover because of technical issues. This involves content published on unsecured sites loaded with 404s and not indexable by search engines.
Technical SEO ensures that this never happens to your site by upholding the infrastructural integrity of your websites and by fixing site issues that torpedo your ranking such as:
- Optimize for mobile. 4.3 billion individuals access the internet through their mobile phones; if you aren’t optimized for mobile in 2023, you won’t be noticed at all. There’s plenty of authoritative content in iGaming, but some of them are found on sites straight out of 1997.
- Structure code and remove broken links. Broken links and pages make it hard for Google to crawl your site and serve the best user experience to searchers. Removing them outright or redirecting them to functional destinations increases your odds of having a page appear in SERPs.
- Enhance page loading speed. The longer it takes to load a page, the higher its bounce rate will be. High bounce rates indicate unusable content, leading to lower rankings on Google. That won’t do in a niche as competitive as iGaming – if your page doesn’t load faster than your competitor, your reader will find what he or she is looking for elsewhere.
This leads us to one of the next integral parts of getting your affiliate blog more noticeable: social media marketing.
Social Media Marketing
Social media promotion is a key source of traffic generation for affiliates due to the multitude of platforms they can promote from. That’s not to mention that seven out of ten sports bettors in the United States, for instance, use Twitter as their primary sports betting information source.
Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok are among the top-traffic producing social media feeds. Here are some strategies to leverage them to your advantage.
4. Incentivize Followers to Interact With Your Posts
Engage followers to like, share, and interact with your content. It could be as simple as sending out a tweet, sharing timely blog posts about a relevant sporting event, explainer videos, or interactive quizzes and polls.
Incentivizing comments by liking, replying, or reacting to them will lift your engagement metrics and send your posts higher up your audience’s feeds to create a crescendo of engagement and click-through rates shooting through the roof.
5. Mix up the Content Types You Share
Sharing content in a variety of formats will extend the shelf life of your promotions and prevent them from getting too predictable or downright stale.
Even if you deliver the heady, thought-provoking long-term content for your hard-core audiences ten times out of ten, you’ll want to repackage that information in easier-to-digest formats for casual audiences.
Suitable content types include infographics, relevant industry research, statistics, charts, trends, and commentary on current social trends and events.
6. Practice the Art of Making Effective Teaser Texts and Calls-To-Action (CTAs)
That said, you don’t have to repurpose entire chunks of copy from a long-form tour de force and force them to fit other formats. Instead, publish the soundbites, key pieces of vital information, links, and hashtags referring to the post you wish to quote.
Let your metadata, captions, and visual assets serve as a teaser for your killer post. If your audiences wish to read more, they can mosey over to your blog to get the full scoop, and voila – more quality traffic for your affiliate site.
Tightening Up Your Email Marketing Game
There’s no way around working the emails as a key content distribution platform – not when it ranks among the highest ROI generators in the content marketing space. iGaming is no different.
Email marketing is one of the best iGaming affiliate content marketing strategies every pro in the space needs to leverage because of its versatility and power.
You can opt for free templates off of the internet, use bespoke designs, or more ideally, a balance of both using your preferred email automation tool.
Here are some email marketing SEO tips for iGaming content marketers to incorporate.
7. Sending a Weekly Email Newsletter or Recap
Sending value-added, easily-digestible weekly recaps or newsletters to your email list delivers a seamless experience for your readers and helps them fill in the gaps with talking points and trends they will find interesting as iGaming enthusiasts.
Use a combination of memes, images, GIFs, infographics, article snippets, and trends they might find valuable and link them to your blog with well-placed CTAs in strategic locations in your email.
To get the most out of your weekly communications, segment your email list further by using iGaming buyer personas.
That way, you aren’t just sending out one piece of content that might be relevant only for horse racing or sports betting enthusiasts, but rather something for every subset of new and existing prospects and readers.
Link Building for High Performance
Your content might be good to go and decked out to the nines, but for others to link to it, people actually need to see it. You can’t just publish it in the mere hope of getting hits – you need to build links aggressively.
With over 70 million new posts created on WordPress every day, even Bill Shakespeare would find it hard to get noticed in this day and age, with even the finest written copy being nothing more than a drop in the vast ocean of user-generated content.
Not surprisingly, landing legitimate backlinks from recognized websites is a key Google ranking factor these days – making link-building an essential part of a high-performing iGaming affiliate.
That’s not to mention its role in helping drive quality traffic, gaining serious exposure, and boosting conversions.
Let’s look at several foolproof ways to achieve this to close out our top 10 list.
8. Work With Established, High-Traffic iGaming Publications
A measured guest blogging strategy goes a long way in helping your iGaming affiliate blog take off. Posting content on established external industry sites helps boost readership and give your site some much-needed clout.
As we also mentioned earlier, a guest post on iGaming Business would help you get your message across to a highly intent audience of industry peers.
Linking back to your affiliate site within guest posts will give your new audience a key back to your site to create referral traffic you wouldn’t have gotten elsewhere.
9. Create Content Using Proprietary Research
Content marketers are often handed the arduous task of competing with the sheer amount of posts on iGaming-related topics. The competition is stiff when it comes to trying to outrank your competition, and the gains are always diminishing.
To create original content that distinguishes your affiliate site from the rest, use data pulled from your proprietary sources or from key criteria you set for publication purposes.
If your affiliate site offers the most accurate and up-to-date information on a particular subject matter, then its your research that will be linked to the most.
10. Remember to Link Internally
Link building with external domains is one thing, but don’t let that prevent you from doing your own internal linking.
Internal links allow your visitors to navigate through the rest of your site and its landing pages, helping improve bounce times by showing them where to find information they’ll likely want to know more about instead of bouncing after a 5-minute skim session.
Give your readers multiple opportunities to interact with you in the form of related blog posts, CTAs, or form fills they’ll find interesting. Get the most out of your content and keep it productive by including internal links to other content as necessary.
And that’s a wrap – 10 ways to get your iGaming affiliate site more clout in the interwebs. It’s time to start incorporating them and leveraging them to your benefit.
How did you like May Thawdar Oo’s blog post “10 Tips to Get Your iGaming Affiliate Blog More Hits Today: 2023 Edition”? Let us know in the comments if you have anything to add, have another content idea for iGaming blog posts, or just want to say “hello.” 🙂